Loving: All Squires will strive to love God with all their heart, mind, and body and will love others as Christ loves them. GCCS strives to be a compassionate Christian community that provides care to the hurting, both in our community and around the world.
Learning: Each Squire will be a passionate and curious lifelong learner. Each student at GCCS is prepared to serve God in a global community by being proficient in the skills of critical thinking, digital media literacy, collaboration, communication, and innovation.
Serving: All Squires are guided to discover their unique gifts given to them by God, are encouraged to develop them and are given opportunities to serve God and others in our community and around the world, now and always.
We are committed to the belief that all students can succeed and that God asks nothing less than the best we have to offer. We also believe that differentiating instruction is the Christ like call for Christian educators to respond to the varied and differing needs in the diverse world God has made. Also at GCCS:
- Emphasis on collaboration, critical-thinking and project-based learning
- Calvin offers both AP, Honors, and STEM courses
- Teachers participate in a student support team that monitors all students’ progress and responds to all needs of students
- Dual enrollment both on and off campus
- Strong integration of technology and digital literacy, including 1:1 Chromebook Program
- Modified block schedule to allow for on and off campus projects and time for teacher teams to work in Professional Learning Communities