Grandville Calvin Christian Schools Welcomes All Learners.
We believe in and teach our students the importance of everyone belonging….belonging to God, to the body of Christ, to our families, to our school community, and to our classroom families. Belonging means that all students, including those of differing physical, cognitive and emotional needs are valued members of our classroom families. We are committed to supporting academic, social, and spiritual growth for all students so that they may reach their full potential. Our comprehensive programming includes educational support services, inclusion services, and personalized supports. Our support services team partners with parents and staff in providing individualized support and instruction to students with unique learning needs.
ESS & Inclusion Staff
|EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT SERVICES & INCLUSION DIRECTOR|
|Contact Mrs. Vicki DeKryger|
CCMS provides these services:
- support for students who struggle with various academic learning challenges
- individual or group instruction as appropriate
- guided study hall for additional instructional support
- support for students with a variety of diagnoses, e.g.: Learning Disabilities (LD), Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Cognitive Impairment (CI), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)… )
The MTSS (Multi-tiered System of Supports) Team meets to discuss student needs and if needed, students are given Tier 1 supports. These supports are monitored, and students may be given additional support from Tiers 2 and 3. The ESS Director leads the MTSS meetings, which include the administrator, counselor, and general education teachers. Parents who want their child’s needs to be considered are welcome to notify the ESS Director.
Supports and interventions follow the three tiers of the Response to Intervention (RtI) model:
- Tier 1: Consultation with teachers for classroom-based interventions and accommodations
- Tier 2: Supported interventions in the classroom (push-in support)
- Tier 3: Direct individualized or small group instruction (pull-out support)
CCMS partners with Grandville Public Schools/Kent Intermediate School District to provide the following services to students who qualify:
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Social Work
- Vision and Hearing Teacher Consultants