Job Shadow Opportunities
- Job Shadow Request Form
- Groundhogs Day Shadow Experience
- Mary Free Bed Career Shadowing
- Metro Health Job Shadow
- Spectrum Health
- Construction and Construction Management
- Sales, Marketing – White Caps
- ZooKeeper for a Day
Kent Intermediate Career Readiness Events
Kent ISD has put together a list of upcoming career readiness opportunities in the area. We encourage you to attend as there are a lot of unique opportunities for students to plug in and explore their careers of interest.
The Talk & Tour Series is a evening career exploration program designed to increase awareness of diverse careers available in high demand career sectors.
Through an informal “talk show style” format, a panel of professionals in select industries will share their own career path, the inside scoop on what their jobs are really like, along with their perspective on what you can do to prepare for a career you are interested in. This is your chance to ask questions, get valuable career information and take a valuable step in figuring out your own career direction. A tour of the host site will provided, with a special focus on seeing the latest technology and innovation happening in the workplace. Each month a new industry/segment/topic will be highlighted.
Kent Career Technical Center
Kent Career Technical Center (or KCTC) is a great resource for exploring careers.
Career Cruising is a website that allows students to explore their career interests and skills. Students can take career interest inventories, research careers, listen to interviews, create an Educational Development Plan (or EDP), and build a resume. Students will be led through the process of registering for an account in their 9th grade year.
College Navigator is another great site that allows for career exploration. Look for the Careers link in the lower right hand corner and click “GO”!
Visit College Navigator
Great job outlook information.
Michigan Career Access Portal
Free support to simplify the process of transitioning from high school to college and careers.
Visit Michigan Career Explorer Page
Job and Career Websites
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – A job outlook and career information database created by the US government.
- Career builder – Job and career search web site.
- Careers.org – Online job search and career resource database.
- CareerShip – An online career mapping tool.
- Jobstar Central – Job and career information created by the public library system.
- Michigan Occupational Outlook – Site designed by the State of Michigan to display job outlooks and descriptions for occupations in the state.
- Michigan Works – Job bank and career resources for Michigan residents.
- O*Net – Occupational and career resource database.
- Purdue University Writing Resources -This site provides valuable information and tips for writing resumes and cover letters.