Grandville Christian Schools offers a Spanish Immersion option for Preschool through Grade 5th. Immersion is a method of educating children by instructing them in a “target” language so they become bilingual. The classroom environment becomes the setting for second language acquisition through core subject content instruction, educational discourse, and social interaction.
The classroom environment becomes the setting for second language acquisition through core subject content instruction, educational discourse, and social interaction.
For more information about Spanish Immersion:
- Call Katy Rozema at 616.538.9710 or email her at email@example.com
- Registration for preschool will begin in January. Early registration is recommended for Spanish Immersion preschool to assure that you have the most options to choose from.
- An early childhood evening, showcasing our preschool and kindergarten, will be held in January, 2017. For more information, please call Grandville Christian School at 616.538.9710.
Research reveals the following benefits to learning a second language:
- A positive effect on intellectual growth.
- Flexibility in thinking, greater sensitivity to language, and a better ear for listening.
- Enhancement in understanding native language.
- Greater ability to learn additional languages.
- Appreciation of other cultures and global perspective.
- Increased career opportunities.