Sixth grade requires hard work as students prepare for the upcoming transition to middle school. At Grandville Christian sixth grade offers students many opportunities, challenges and experiences!
Top Ten Reasons To Love Sixth Grade!
10. Art, library, music, PE, Spanish, and technology class
9. Being encouraged to think “outside the box”
8. Experiencing how everything “fits” together
7. Study tables
6. Kenya Buddies
5. Changing classes; changing teachers
4. Praise assemblies and wing sings
3. Being student leaders at GCS
2. Sixth grade mixer and sixth grade camp
And the number 1 reason for loving sixth grade…Opportunity to grow in a relationship with Jesus!
Our goal is to help your child have a successful year in the classroom. Please feel free to email or call us with any questions you may have about 6th grade.
6th graders participate in…
- Band or Orchestra
- GRACE groups – led by 6th graders (Growing Relationships And Celebrating Each other). Each GRACE group consists of 10 students, in 1st – 6th grade, along with an adult mentor. They meet on various Friday mornings to pray and worship together.
- Physical Education
- Praise Assemblies
Overview of Subject Areas
- Social Studies