- Students are encouraged to grow in their walk with Jesus Christ.
- 5th graders work hard on projects and assignments that call on them to draw on the skills and strategies they have been learning in elementary school.
- Teachers challenge students with long-term projects that require planning and organization.
- Students enjoy building relationships with Kindergarten Buddies and Kenya Buddies.
- Students are encouraged to become independent learners as they work together on projects, activities, and class responsibilities.
- Students enjoy field trips to Camp Roger, spending the day as a colonial student at an old schoolhouse, learning about and attending the GR Symphony Orchestra, and going to the Kalamazoo Valley Museum on a Mars Mission, just to name a few!
- Students participate and lead in meaningful devotions in the classroom and praise assemblies with the whole school.
- Students experience hands-on serving by raking leaves for the school neighbors and by having a cookie sale to buy food for the local food pantry.
- Artists abound in art class, music class, band and orchestra!
- Daily subject matter is inviting and interesting. We study the covenant promises of God, the life of Jesus, 5th grade Math concepts, Systems and Survival, Objects in Space, Forces and Motion, the history of people in North America all the way through the Revolutionary War, novel and informational reading, various writing projects, and so much more.
- We hope to encourage God’s image bearers to be eager, happy, and creative lifelong learners.
Our goal is to help your child have a successful year in our classroom. Please feel free to email or call us with any questions you may have about 5th grade.