- Spring Sports -Beginning on March 13, all athletic related activities (games, practices, workouts– indoors and outdoors) are suspended until further notice. This includes out of season activities and conditioning as well. We will continue to reevaluate when more information is made available from the MHSAA, Kent ISD, and Kent County Health Department. Calvin Athletic facilities will be shutdown and off limits for the duration of the suspended period.
- GCCS Annual Meeting – Postponed: Date TBD
- Bean Bag Toss Tournament – Cancelled
- Pancake Breakfast – Cancelled
- Spring Reception – Postponed: Date TBD in the Fall 2020
- Middle School Play – Postponed: Date TBD
- 6th Grade Orientation Night at CCMS – Postponed: Date TBD
- Athletic Boosters meeting 3/18 – Cancelled
- Early Childhood Open House – Postponed
- Kindergarten Assessments – Postponed: Date TBD
- 3-5th Skating Party – Cancelled
- Spirit Wear Pick-up – please plan to pick-up your orders on April 1 at Grand Rapids Graphix. Please call ahead at 616-359-2382 and ask for Rich to schedule your pick-up so as to ensure we follow CDC recommendations. They are located at 3371 68th St SE, Dutton, MI 49316
- Calvin’s Car Lot — closed until April 13.
Effective March 23, 2020 – Office Hours will be by appointment only and only to address an emergent need.
High School Counseling Hours ~ Monday-Friday from 7:15 AM-3:30 PM
Middle School Counseling Hours ~ Tuesday’s & Friday’s from 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Emily Nelson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary Counseling Hours ~ Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Rachele Rylaarsdam – email@example.com
Counselors are able to consult with families during the above listed office hours, however, if there is an immediate need or safety concern please reach out to the following crisis lines for immediate services:
Network180 – Kent County Community Mental Health
- 790 Fuller, Grand Rapids, MI 49505
- Network180 is open 24/7 for walk-in assessments and mental health crisis services for all ages. Appointments for assessment and evaluation are also available by calling 616-336-3909.
- For outpatient therapy and program questions call the Central Access line at 866-852-4001
- For crisis and assessment for inpatient hospitalization call the Contact Center at 616-455-9200
- Call 800-949-8439 for a no-cost, confidential assessment 24/7.
Pediatrician or Family Doctor
- You can always contact your child’s physician with concerns about mental health. They can assess and refer you to their preferred providers or emergency services.
24/7 Crisis Helplines:
FREE MEALS FOR STUDENTS – INFORMATION / LOCATIONSGrandville Public Schools are providing meal pickups Monday/Wednesday/Friday for anyone! It is completely FREE! Parents can sign up under Grandville Middle or High School (as it does not show GCCS as an option, but please utilize this meal option if you need meals). The sign up helps plan for numbers. You can show up between 10-1 and you will get lunch and dinner for two days.
Resources for Parents
How to Avoid Passing Anxiety to your Kids (Child Mind Institute)
Coronavirus: How to Talk to Your Child (Kids Health)
Talking to Kids about Coronavirus (National Geographic)
Resources for PK-5th Grade
Coronavirus Information for Elementary Parents English (American Academy of Pediatrics)
Coronavirus Information for Elementary Parents Spanish (American Academy of Pediatrics)
Elementary-Friendly Handout for Kids (Counselor Keri)
Resources for 6th-12th Grade
Coping with Coronavirus Anxiety (Harvard Medical School)
7 Science-Based Strategies to Cope with Coronavirus Anxiety (The Conversation)
Complete Mental Health Guide During COVID-19 Pandemic (Peak Resilience)