Calvin’s academic success is excellent—achieving a 24.3 composite ACT score this past year—the highest among area Christian schools. Calvin Christian High School class of 2017 saw a graduation rate of 100%, with 96% of our graduating class are continuing their education in college. Almost all staff members have or are pursuing advanced degrees in education or their respective discipline. The high school has a 1:1 laptop initiative—allowing students to gain 21st century digital media literacy and to connect and collaborate both on campus and across the globe in meaningful projects. Calvin’s excellent Educational Support Services strives to meet the needs of all students, as all teachers participate in a student support team that monitors all students’ progress and responds to their individual needs. AP, concurrent enrollment, dual enrollment and STEM courses are available. Our small school size allows us to meet the needs of individual students building close relationships and getting to know each learner.
We are blessed with a student population of 330 this year; 13 of those students are international students from China, South Korea, Ethiopia, Thailand, and Hungary. Our International Club offers a chance for American and international students to fellowship and learn from one another through many social events. In addition, Calvin Christian students travel to Kenya, Spain, Canada and Guatemala.
In addition to international travel opportunities, students have opportunities to travel domestically to New York City and Washington DC as well. We offer a variety of experiences outside of the classroom such as: Drama, Improv, Quiz Bowl, Model UN, Marching and Praise Band. Calvin students participate in Newspaper, Caving, Chess, Math, and Fishing Clubs.
For athletic information please visit:https://www.gosquires.org/athletics/ Please note the MHSAA (Michigan High School Athletic Association) does not allow all international students to participate at all levels of sports. Please check with your agency for guidelines. Calvin Christian welcomes all students to participate within the MHSAA guidelines.
International Application Requirements
Application Documents: English Language Proficiency Test, Skype interview with student and family and proven academic success in your previous school.
- Test scores from one of the following:
TOEFL Junior: 690
Itep Slate 2.75+
- We accept agency applications
- Semester Students are accepted
- Enrollment Deadline is June 1 for the upcoming school year
- Seniors may enroll for a diploma if they have studied in the U.S. as a high school student in a prior year.
- Graduation Requirements – 22 credits (4 math – 4 English – 3 science – 3 social studies – 2 world language – .5 technology 1 art/fine/applied)
- Rebecca Teusink, International Program Coordinator – email@example.com
- Thelma Ensink, Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org
- High School Phone: 616.538.0990
- Busing is provided for students residing in Grandville and Wyoming and part of the Hudsonville area.
- Calvin Christian High School has a co-ed student population.
- City of Grandville Website
- Airport: Grand Rapids Gerald R. Ford International Airport