- Fourth grade is a pivotal bridge between the lower and upper elementary grades. Throughout the year, the children work to develop independence, responsibility, and organizational skills. It’s an exciting and challenging year!
- By looking at many Old Testament leaders and kings during Bible lessons, we learn how to walk closely with God in our daily lives. We are challenged to trust and obey God in everything we do.
- During math, we strive to master our multiplication facts and tackle long division. We also review and introduce many other mathematical concepts.
- We use the Michigan Citizenship Collaborative Curriculum as our guide for lessons in Social Studies. We look at Michigan and the United States through eyes of geographers, historians, economists, and political scientists.
- In fourth grade our focus changes from “learning to read” to “reading to learn”. We read many novels to help us develop and improve various reading skills.
- Writing is another area of growth for fourth graders as they transition into upper grades. We focus writing skills that improve our writing content as well as continuing to work on the mechanics of writing. We learn to write research papers, opinion pieces and engaging narrative pieces.
- In science class we study biological science including organisms in their environment, as well as the physical sciences of properties of matter and electricity. The 4th graders are filled with the wonder of God’s amazing creation as they learn more about the earth, sun and moon.
There are many other engaging curricular areas we dive into throughout the year, as we embrace all God’s covenant children with their gifts as well as their challenges.
Our goal is to help your child have a successful year in our classroom. Please feel free to e-mail or call us with any questions you may have about 4th grade.