Calvin’s academic success is excellent—achieving a 23.9 composite ACT score this past year—the highest among area Christian schools. 96% of our graduating class are continuing their education in college. And, almost all staff have advanced degrees or are pursuing advanced degrees.
Calvin Christian High School (CCHS) has a 1:1 laptop initiative—allowing students to gain 21st Century digital media literacy and to connect and collaborate both on campus and across the globe in meaningful projects. Calvin’s excellent Educational Support Services strives to meet the needs of all students.
We are blessed with a student population of 348 this year; 15 of those students are international students from China, Taiwan and South Korea. Our international club offers a chance for American and International students to fellowship and learn from one another. In addition, the Across the Globe team, which serves locally as well as takes a trip to Africa each year, plans to travel to Guatemala in December. In addition to international travel opportunities, students have opportunities to travel domestically too. In the 2016-17 school year the music program will tour in New York City. This school year a group of students is hoping to attend the Close Up program in Washington DC. We offer a variety of experiences outside of the classroom such as; Drama, International Club, Squire Improv Team, Chess Club, Praise Band.
For athletic information please visit:http://www.gosquires.org/athletics/ Please note the MHSAA (Michigan High School Athletic Association) does not allow all international students to participate at all levels of sports. Please check with your agency for guidelines. Calvin Christian welcomes all students to participate within the MHSAA guidelines.
International Application Requirements
- Application Documents: English Language Proficiency Test, Skype interview with student and family and proven academic success in your previous school.
- Test scores from one of the following:
TOEFL Junior: 690
Itep Slate 2.75+
- We accept agency applications
- Semester Students are accepted
- Enrollment Deadline is June 1 for the upcoming school year
- Seniors may enroll for a diploma if they have studied in the U.S. as a high school student in a prior year.
- Graduation Requirements – 22 credits (4 math – 4 English – 3 science – 3 social studies – 2 world language – .5 technology 1 art/fine/applied)
- Rebecca Teusink, Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thelma Ensink, Principal – email@example.com
- Busing is provided for students residing in Grandville and Wyoming and part of the Hudsonville area.
- Calvin Christian High School has a co-ed student population.
- We begin school the week prior to Labor Day and conclude the second week of June. International Students must arrive one week prior to the start of school for orientation.
- Phone: 616.538.0990
- City Website: http://www.cityofgrandville.com/community1/community-profile
- Airport: Grand Rapids Gerald R. Ford International Airport